Friday, May 19, 2017
One theme of Incident at Hawk's Hill could be no matter what your parents will always love you. In the book it always seems like Ben's father doesn't love him until he comes back from the prairie. That wasn't the case because ever since Ben was gone his father was trying to find him. This is why the theme of the novel is that no matter what your parents will always love you.
Friday, May 12, 2017
In class, we had to write a career letter to someone in the occupation we want to do. I wrote to Joanna Gaines because I want to do Interior Designing. I hope she writes back to me because I am very passionate about being this job! I want her to tell me the worst thing about the job so I am prepared, but also the best thing so I don't dread on the bad thing while doing my job.
Friday, May 5, 2017
This is my letter to Joanna Gaines for interior designing. If you can find any grammar mistakes comment, so I can fix them. Thanks!
Oak Harbor Middle School
315 Church Street
Oak Harbor, OH 43449
May 5, 2017
601 Webster Ave,
WACO, TX 76706
Dear Joanna Gaines,
My name is Cassidy Brough, and I am a seventh grader at Oak Harbor Middle School in Ohio. I am interested in being an interior designer when I am older. I love to design and I think I’m very creative. I also love to do lots of DIYs in my free time. I just recently rearranged my room and I love how it looks now! I love all your interior designs you have done. I have a couple of questions to ask you if you wouldn’t mind me asking.
- Is your job harder than it looks? I want to know this because it looks like interior designing is fun, but also a big responsibility to get what the clients want.
- Do you have to manage money a lot? I am wondering this because I am usually not as good with money as I am at creativity.
- Is your job as fun as it looks? I want to know this obviously because when I get a job I want it to be fun and I want to enjoy it.
- What kind of classes should I take in high school or college to help me be better in this area? I would like to know this because I want to be prepared and know what to do when I graduate from high school and while I’m still in high school.
- Is there any book I need to read or website I need to go on to be more informed about this profession? I want to be more informed about this profession because I am very curious.
- My last question is; do you have fun at your job or is it a lot of pressure?
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this letter. I hope you can get back to me.
Hey, this week was a pretty good week. We wrote our career letters and I love to do this kind of thing with our future job. We also got more of Incident at Hawks Hill read. I think this is a really good book because there is always something happening at all times.
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
Last year, as a sixth grader, my class went to Camp Michindoh. It was very exciting when we went. Now the sixth graders are there and we wrote letters to them and I think they will be happy we wrote because everyone likes to get letters. I hope they have a fun time and don't get stuck in a canoe by trees like I did last year.